Cult of Khaine Warhammer Army Blog

This blog is dedicated to my Dark Elf Warhammer army - The Cult of Khaine.

I have been collecting and painting models for the past couple of years in particular the games workshop warhammer dark elves. These are my favourite minatures out of their range and over the time I have amassed a rather large army. I thought it would be a good idea to blog my development of the army as It evolves to keep a record of my ideas and to showcase the models when I finish them. I will be posting various images, comments and links as I go and would love to hear any comments you have.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Drow Drider Conversions (Doomfire Warlocks)

I'm starting to make progress and it's slowly coming together now and looking like an army. My latest edition for your viewing pleasure is two converted units of Driders. These will act as a proxy for my Doomfire Warlocks in the army. This unit was a challenge to make, had to put my greenstuff skills to work (not my strong point). I am quite happy how they have turned out.








Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Drow Cleric of Lolth and Assassin

A couple of quick ones to add to the army before I tackle another larger unit.

Cleric of Lolth (aka Death Hag) and a Dark Elf Assassin.



Sunday, May 11, 2014

Drow Militant Myrlochar - Order of Soul Spiders (Dark Elf Corsairs)

I have started my core ground troops, here is the first unit of three I plan to do. Still finding it a challenge to be working with such a dark palette, but think I have now settled on the colour scheme to carry through the rest of the army. I am also finding the new basing method a challenge - use to just dropping static grass on the model at the end, getting the GW technical paint to work how I want is proving difficult.



Monday, May 5, 2014

Drow Sorceress

Another small update - a Drow Sorceress.

Drow Spider Riders / Dark Rider Conversion

So making progress on this army... have just finished a unit of 10 Spider Riders. These will proxy for Dark Riders in the army. This was a good challenge trying to get the spiders to rank up, I separated the legs on a few of them and staggered them out rather than having them side by side to make the unit look more dynamic.